Muckross House was built in 1843, and had further improvements made in the 1850’s for Queen Victoria’s visit in 1861. In 1932 the house and grounds were given to the Irish state, and they were used to found Killarney National Park. The house and gardens were our second port of call in the park on our first full day on our week in Kerry.
The view across Muckross Lake.
Exploring the gardens.